On Friday the 28th Feb 2020 (12:38pm) we had an odd experience that impacted users accessing our service for as long as 60 minutes.
During this time we noticed that our fail over server hadn't engaged and engineers began investigating why. It turned out that the both servers were absolutely fine and the app showed no signs of defect or bugs.
After doing some research we found that our domain name wasn't directing traffic to our web service indicating an issue with the domain server. After reaching out to our domain provider and flagging the issue we were able to regain access to our website.
Fast Forward to Monday 02 March 2020 at approximately the same time we found ourselves facing the same issue. Having experienced the matter on the previous Friday we were able to react quickly and contact the domain provider to raise the alarm. The downtime was less than 30 minutes.
We apologise for the disruption to service, unfortunately its something we have no control over but we are doing everything we can to ensure it doesn't occur again (including investigating other providers).